|Last 24 Hours:||1162|
|Last 30 Days:||7487|
|2011-05-17 11:10 UTC|
List of Changes
This page lists all prior versions of the Hippo OpenSim Viewer
together with the major changes.
Version 0.6.3 (LL 1.23.5)
Version 0.6.2 (LL 1.23.5)
- Based on Linden viewer 1.23.5.
- Major update of the Cool SL Viewer patches including new features.
Make sure to check out the Hippo tab in preferences.
- Some cleanup and bug fixes.
Version 0.5.1 (LL 1.22.11)
- Fixed crash in update dialog, not going to the Website, but
showing "Loading Second Life..." instead.
Version 0.5.0 (LL 1.22.11)
- Based on Linden viewer 1.22.11.
- Updated patches from the Cool SL Viewer. This includes a couple of new
- New installer for Windows and Linux. Yes, there is also an installer for Linux now.
- Improved update of grid information from website. Grids can now be
deleted, if they no longer exists.
- Allow linking more than 255 prims creating multiple linksets
(thanks to Suzy Deffeyes for the patch).
- More cleanup of SL-related links.
- Some crash and bug fixes.
Version 0.4.0 (LL 1.21.6)
- Based on Linden viewer 1.21.6.
- Includes all patches from the Cool SL Viewer. Those changing the look and
feel of the viewer are disabled by default and can be enabled in
the new "Hippo" tab in the viewer preferences.
- Torley's windlight settings are installed with the viewer.
- The limits for building are now set depending on the simulator
- Opt in to extended range for hollow and minimum hole size on a
per-grid basis. Details....
- Grid settings are updated from the web server automatically.
- The currency symbol is now OS$ (OpenSim Dollar), when connected to
OpenSim, and L$, when connected to SecondLife.
- New "Offer Teleport" button next to "Profile" in the IM
window. For now it is permanently enabled. This will be changed,
once presence is properly reported in OpenSim.
- The grid manager now has fields for support/help, registration and
forgotten password. The links for registration and password show
on the login screen only, when a URL is available.
- More references to SecondLife replaced with the grid name and
another SL logo replaced.
Version 0.2.1 (LL 1.20.15)
- Fixed a group of crashes, for example when saving a script (more details).
- The maximum hollow has been reverted back to 95, as the LL viewer
cannot render prims with hollow greater than 95 (more details).
Version 0.2.0 (LL 1.20.15)
- New tab "Grids" added to the preferences window, just below "Skins".
- New button "Grids" added to login screen between "Connect" and
"Quit". This button directly brings up the new tab.
- The new "Grids" tab allows adding new grids or editing existing
grids, selecting the default grid and selecting the grid for
- Grid settings can be retrieved with the new GridInfo Protocol, if the grid server supports it.
- Grids are saved to a new file in the user_settings
- The default grid is saved in the usual settings file.
Trees and Grass
- Select the kind of tree or grass to be rezzed from a new combobox
added to the create dialog.
- The combobox is enabled only when the tree or grass tool is
- Fixed viewer crash, when bringing up the world map.
- llMapDestination() works now up to 15,000 m (was clamped at 1000 m).
Version 0.1.1 (LL 1.20.15)
- Enable audio streams in Linux version.
- No new Windows build in this release.
Version 0.1.0 (LL 1.20.15)
- Merged changes from Linden 1.20.15 release.
- First Linux release.
- Replaced icon with the cute OSGrid hippo. Needs some more work,
especially the smaller versions, but there it is!
- More references to LL and SL replaced by OpenSim and OSGrid.
New Name and New Version Numbers
The name changed from "MJM OpenSim Viewer" to "Hippo OpenSim Viewer".
The new version numbers are independent from the LL version number.
Independent version numbers will be more meaningful once
OpenSim-specific features are added. The corresponding LL release is
added in parentheses.
Version 1.19.1 (4002)
- Added Microsoft runtime DLLs msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.
Version 1.19.1 (4001)
- Really build up to 10,000 m, including moving objects from the edit window.
- Set "hollow" up to 99 (instead of only 95).
- Increase the default value for ''maxselectDistance'' from 64 to 300.
- Change max. number of groups to 100.
- Remove all language files but English.
- Remove some more references to Second Life.
- Check at startup for new versions.
Version 1.19.1 (4000)
The changes in this version are against Second Life 1.19.1 (4).
The MJM OpenSim Viewer uses directory name
MJM_OpenSim_Viewer instead of SecondLife for the
binary installation folder and for the user settings folder.
- Connect to OSGrid by default.
- -multiple is default.
- Build up to a height of 10,000 m.
- Scale prims up to 256x256x256 m, working via scaling handles and
via the edit window.
- Set transparency up to 100 % in the edit window.
- Set the hole size down to 0.01 for prim shapes like torus.